My supervisor at work is the nicest, but today he started a conversation about how my degree is going that went for way longer than I was comfortable with. I mean, I thought I handled it okay given how badly I wanted to find something to hide behind, but this happened almost six hours ago and I’m still mildly queasy.
Got tagged in a thing by the lovely lynseygraham. Here is said thing.
5 Good Things About Me
- I’m an A+ sounding board. That might be my best quality, actually.
- I’ve got a good sense of humour, I think. I like to make people laugh.
- I’m still great at small talk.
- I give good hugs, I’ve been told.
- I know myself? That counts as one, right? Self-awareness?
'You can tell a lot about someone by their music. Hit shuffle on iPod, iTunes, phone, media player, etc. Write down the first 20 songs, then pass this to 20 people. One rule: no skipping.'
This might turn out a little repetitive because I deleted like, 90 percent of the music from my iPod a while back, but here goes.
- The Gaslight Anthem | Casanova, Baby!
- Hellogoodbye | Getting Old
- Into It. Over It. | The Frames That Used To Greet Me
- The Gaslight Anthem | Handwritten
- The Horrible Crowes | I Believe Jesus Brought Us Together
- Florence & The Machine | Drumming Song
- The Gaslight Anthem | Boxer
- You, Me, And Everyone We Know | Things Are Really Weird Right Now
- Joie De Vivre | High School Me Would Have Been Pumped
- The Gaslight Anthem | Old Haunts
- Modern Baseball | See Ya, Sucker
- Dads | Shit Twins
- Into It. Over It. | Contractual Obligation
- Dads | Big Bag Of Sandwiches
- Mansions | Out For Blood
- Everyone Everywhere | Fakin’ It
- Mansions | Seven Years
- Florence & The Machine | Between Two Lungs
- Haverford | Pasta (Burying Nine Lives)
- Into It. Over It. | Staring At The Ceiling
10 Random Facts
God, what don’t you lot know about me already?
- In an alternate reality, if I weren’t so set on the whole medical career thing, I’d want to be involved in music or TV somehow. As what, exactly, I don’t know. Working on a sitcom would be tops, I bet?
- I think I could probably speak Filipino if I tried properly. I could as a kid, it’s just now I get self-conscious about not getting the pronunciation right. It’s stupid, but I always feel like my dumb accent gets in the way.
- I like colder weather. Autumn and winter are the loveliest seasons. The chill and crisp breezes suit the music I like, I can wear cute blazers and boots, plus I’m not a grumpy sweat monster with a constant headache.
- AFL and tennis are the only two sports in the world that I get excited enough and understand enough to follow along for a whole match. I do get swept up in the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games, though.
- I played junior golf for several years when I was younger. You know, back when physical activity didn’t make me groan. I wasn’t too shabby, either, if I may say. I’ve got a shelf with the trophies to prove it.
- I was kicked out of concert band in my last year of high school because our new conductor and I straight up did not see eye to eye. In my annoyance, I never gave back my band captain badge.
- I’m not a huge fan of upgrading to new devices. I’ve had my tablet for two years, my laptop and my surprisingly resilient Nokia for five, and my iPod for nine, though it’s sadly on its last legs, I think.
- A Game Boy Advance was the one video game console I had growing up. I might still have it, actually? From what I remember, the two games I played were Mario Kart, which I got really good at, and Finding Nemo.
- I would happily spend hours in an aquarium. Every time I travel, if the city I’m in has one, I will make a point to go visit it. The count’s at five so far. Marine life is just so bizarre and beautiful and cool.
- I like writing. I’m certainly not imaginative enough to pursue it creatively, but as a skill, I think I’m quite good with words, and I know I express myself far better on paper, or screen, I suppose, than I do any other way.
I think you’ve all already done this thing in some form or another, so I won’t tag anyone specifically, but if you haven’t and you’d like to, go for it. And if you actually read to the end, kudos to you.
Wow, has this fortnight has been a struggle. Why do the crummiest weeks always feel the most agonisingly protracted? Outside of a few bright spots, like seeing Anberlin last week (great), running into the best friend today (also great), and finally going to watch Boyhood on Sunday (sure to be great), things have been largely lacking in 'great'. Tonight calls for shirking all responsibilities and passing out early, I think.